Winning togetherMRCOG Part 3 Clinical : Live online practice and Mock exam
★ 23rd January 2022 at 9 AM (London) ★
This full-day virtual course is for the candidates who will appear for their MRCOG Part 3 ( clinical) in future. With this course, you will practice with the latest format to learn the critical skills required and important pitfalls to avoid during the clinical examination.
MRCOG is part of the assessment and validation process for entry on to the UK Specialist Register and progress to a consultant post in O&G. UK specialty trainees must pass the Part 2 and Part 3 MRCOG before progressing from ST5 to ST6. For the non-UK based candidates, passing this exam and being awarded MRCOG means that if they wish to work in the UK, they would be exempted from the entry exams e.g. PLAB.
During the Part 3 MRCOG examiners assess the application of knowledge, attitudes and practices to allow the candidate to demonstrate clinical competencies in the practice in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In real MRCOG examination the 15 core Knowledge Areas are examined in 14 assessed tasks in an examination circuit. Each task will assess up to four of the core skill domains using both clinical and lay examiners.
- Patient Safety
- Communication: with patients and families or with colleagues
- Information gathering
- Applied clinical knowledge
The Clinical Skills Knowledge Area is common to all tasks. The remaining 14 Knowledge Areas are used to inform the 14 tasks to ensure that the mock examination is blueprinted to the syllabus.
The modules covered in our course are:
- Early pregnancy care
- Antenatal care
- Core surgical skills
- Post-operative care
- Maternal medicine
- Management of labour
- Management of delivery
- Postpartum care
- Sexual and reproductive medicine
- Urogynaecology and pelvic floor problems
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Gynaecological problems
Key features of our course:
- Small groups
- Information and tips for each station
- Practice and observation with individual feedback
- Conducted and examined by experienced NHS Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
- Online interactive session
- This course will be delivered online via Zoom. Sign-in into Zoom required for verification.